Friday, February 4, 2011

New Catfish Song

Here’s a lovely song that perfectly captures the haunting beauty of the catfish. Turns out one of my favorite artists, Townes Van Zandt was a huge catfish fan too! If you’ve never heard of Townes, he was a legendary singer/songwriter who has influenced just about everyone that came after him. Here he sings and plays acoustic guitar in the original "Catfish song". Watch out! If you like sad acoustic music, you’ll be hooked.

The song has a double meaning, but I tend to see the “catfish” side of it, not the “human” side. In fact, wouldn’t this be a better video if there was a catfish swimming in the background? I can also see an animation starring a catfish, with this as the theme music. There are many possibilities to ponder. For now, I just enjoy the music. I hope you do, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment