Monday, November 23, 2009

New Fan Mail!!!

With over 6,000 hits in our first few days of service- We have become an instant Hit in the Catfish Community

Today we received our first nibble of fan mail and boy are we excited! My Wife Martha and I started this blog to create a place for us to share our knowledge and love of catfish. We were so excited when we received the following letter in the mail-

Dear I Like Catfish Blog,

My name is Herbert Von Hueben and I am writing to tell you how much I like your Blog. For the past 6 or seven years I have been a Catfish Enthusiast. There are not however very many places for me to share my love of Catfish here in Tallahassee. Although It was where I met my wife Janice. She and her girl friends were trolling for scuddle jumpers just off the bay when Vic and I saw them from afar. We went over to them and saw that they were trolling for what we love. We struck up a conversation and three weeks later we went down to the courthouse and became Mr and Mrs Von Hueben.

In all our days we spoke about how much we love fishing and Catfish in particular but never were able to meet other people who have the same interests. Now with this blog we are able to meet up with other friends who also like Catfish and share our stories. It amazes me how many other people out there also have this obsession! We were only able to discover this because of your blog. Thank you so much for putting this together and bringing so much additional light into our lives.

I have attached a family photo and hope you can post it on your webpage.

It is of Me, Janice, Ricky Martin, Xavier, and the newest addition to our family- Little Gulliver

Sincerely,
The Von Hueben Family


--

Well Herbert- We have received your email and here it is- We are proud to also have you as a part of the Catfish Blog Family!


Photo of Herbert, Janice, Ricky Martin, Xavier, and Gulliver Von Hueben (2009)
Catfish Lovers

1 comment:

  1. I just stumbled onto this site from a googles intranets searching engine online. Im new to the intranet. My grandson told me there is a place that i can share my information about fishin for the catfishes.

    I am really looking forward to emailing people about catfish.

    I have read some interesting info on catfish here.

    Catfishin is something that I have passed down to my next of kin. Many people never had a place to enjoy to let people know that we enjoy the enjoyment of catfishin.

    I am really happy you are speaking for the at least 10,000 strong Catfish loving community in South Carolina area, Aiken, Santee Cooper River up into the northenr parts of the state.

    This site is offering a place for newcomers to learn and share our love and admiration for one of history’s greatest untold storys, catfishin

    I plan to show you some of my pics and my grandkiddies wranglin up a couple of these dark black bottom feeders. Thanks for giving me

    ReplyDelete